SHAKE IT OFF
HAZLET – Southwestern Saskatchewan is home to this small farming village, located 65 kilometres northwest of Swift Current. The vigorous village has a modest population of approximately 100 residents.
It has been an absolute pleasure to have worked in the area and met a lot of the friendly locals in their daily travels. We are rarely welcomed into a complete strangers home for dinner when on the job, but that became the norm here in Hazlet.
This 900 square foot home was a complete exterior renovation that was taken right back to the bare bones. The beauty of this situation is that you have the ability to change as much as you desire, and in this case we were updating the lot. The front entry door was widened from a 32″ unit to a 36″ unit, which tends to be the industry standard these days. Windows were eliminated/relocated and we said goodbye to an old lean-to entrance on the back side of the home, which was replaced by double patio doors. Dated shingles were stripped, underlayment was laid, and a sleek steel black roof will offer protection from the elements for many seasons to come. The perfection shingle vinyl shake siding are to be reminiscent of the natural look of cedar, with none of its maintenance.
The foundation was the only task we did not tackle on this job. A decorative parging coat will be applied over the above grade portion of the foundation. This was contracted locally.
- 1″ Rigid Exterior Insulation
- Housewrap Weather Barrier
- High Performance Vinyl Windows
- Fibreglass Entry & Patio Doors
- KWP Naturetech Engineered Wood Trim Boards
- Aluminum Fascia / Soffit
- Kaykan “Willow Green” Perfection Shingle Polypropylene Shakes (Exterior Walls)
- James Hardie “HardiePanel” Vertical Siding (Gable Ends)
- Westman Synthetic Roofing Underlayment
- Westman Steel Roofing Panels
- Foundation Finish By Others